It's seems that not long ago I was a college student ready to graduate but now I can't believe that it is already October. Work is going well. I'm doing my best to keep my stress in check while trying to make each day as productive as possible. I am still pursuing other professional experiences and I am currently in the waiting stage to see if my efforts materialize and/or sprout into something more.
I leave for EDUCAUSE in a week and will also get to see my mom and a couple friends while I am back in their local area. I will be at the conference from Wednesday to Friday. I am both excited and nervous. I have never been to an annual conference or one that will be so populous. As a nonprofit, their mission is "to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology..."
I will moderating sessions while I am there but I hope to be confident enough to explore the exhibit hall, general sessions, and during meals. I am not looking forward to going alone. I know the CIO of the University will be there but there is a whole other "CIO experience" for him so my chances of seeing him are about 2%...maybe. The thought of being around such a vast group of professionals in a field I intend to join is more intimidating that exhilarating (especially right now).
I love what I do but I am not the best at verbalizing what I do. I have a hard time talking about myself. So many of my projects never have my name on them unless someone else mentions me. I have put together a website/e-portfolio but I still think it would mean more if I "had more to show" for my efforts.
My personal standards are higher than anyone's ever have been for me; exceeding excellence is all that I will accept of myself. If funding wasn't an issue I would already be in grad school...working towards my Master's degree in Educational Technology and then (knowing me) beginning to consider my options to get my Doctorate degree in Instructional Design.
I have a feeling I will be writing again sooner than later and that I will hopefully have a progress report on my other professional endeavors before too long as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment