Hopefully this post will embody the theme of the importance of experience.
I have been thinking a lot about my professional hopes and my desire to be within the group of recognized voices of Ed. Tech and Instructional design but more so about how to empower other women to join the Ed. Tech. field and encouraging women to strive/pursue leadership positions.
Of course I have plenty of questions.
How do I get there.... included in this specialized group?
How do I build a circle of women on a similar "track" as I so that we can support one another?
Will there ever be a day where women within these professions, both "tenured" and incoming unite for critical inquiry, networking, promoting lifelong learning & user-driven innovation... ?
All the while, I find myself searching for answers, resources, and information as to how to become a strong women in this community but unable to find the results no matter how many searches I conduct. I am hungry for information but even more so for guidance from the women blazing the trail ahead of me so that I can do the same for future generations of women.
While I enjoy my work and I could not ask for a better mentor and a few other influential women I do not feel that I am experiencing enough. I would like to be able to hear from female leaders within our community and that an event like this would facilitate a great conversation for the cadre.
This is a topic that needs to be discussed more just as it is for recruiting women into STEM and applies not only to women and mothers but also fathers of daughters also.
I hope you will join me in my disruptive behavior... I have set my sights high and I'm looking for backup.
I hope you will join me in my disruptive behavior... I have set my sights high and I'm looking for backup.
No comments:
Post a Comment