Monday, November 17, 2014

Cog Tools Reflection-6

I would definitely have to say that the Community of Practice project has been my favorite so far. I know it has been several weeks since but it is something I still think about and one has definitely changed my way of thinking and understand for the better. I was initially very concerned about what CoP to choose but I was thrilled to know that my Gaming example fit the criteria. I cannot say that the phrase Community of Practice was one that I understood but now I find myself trying to identify other examples throughout my day and work week.

As someone who doesn't feel connected to others as much as I perceive them to be connected to one another knowing that I can at least say I a part of the gaming CoP makes me feel less isolated. I would like to feel more connected but it has always been a struggle for me. Getting feedback from Bill was equivalent to having a preschooler come home with new art to hang on the fridge... yes, I was tempted to proudly display it but I didn't. I was still quite excited to share the news with Adrian.

It has been surreal to feel a shift in my thinking but still feel like I can't quite put my finger on exactly how it is changing but I think I might have a better grasp of why it is changing so I know I will figure it out eventually. For now, I will continue to grow and explore as I develop my own theories of life and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment