Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Grad School- Cadre Camp Recap Day 1

Time has truly flown by and it still feels somewhat surreal to actually be on the Pepperdine campus.
Yesterday was the official start of cadre camp and now I'm even more excited to be on this journey now that I have met the members of cadre 17... 16 adults from across the country; a mix of industry, K-12, and Higher Education professionals.

The campus is incredible and much larger than any campus I've been on... the hills are no joke and give you quite a workout in the short distance that we traverse by foot or also by car. I find myself at a loss of words for how to express myself about this experience.

I'm not usually like this but I'm enjoying not having a set schedule to follow and living in the present/enjoying the moment. We are all staying in the apartments on campus (I'm sure there are lots of them around campus) in groups of 4... there are 8 women and 8 men in cadre 17.

I've been equally blown away by the MALT team and my fellow cadre-mates but I don't think I will elaborate for now until I can more confidently express why.

Day 2 officially begins in about 2 hours roughly and in the meantime I need to get ready for the mystery of the day (nothing specific... the entire day is unknown, remember). We have been warned that today is particularly rough but we have already learned about "Hard Fun".... the mix between of hard-work that still remains fun. I'm sure it is not a term/phrase that many are aware of or would even ever want to experience but I relish the challenge to experience it firsthand.

I'm going to do my best to write a recap everyday but to be honest it may happen the next morning if given the opportunity to further engage socially with the group. I will no longer be invisible!!

For now I must sign off but I will be back soon enough...  time to re-learn learning and get dis-oriented!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment