Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Camtasia

Just a few weeks ago I was unfamiliar with Camtasia. I knew it existed and that it was being used on campus but I had never used it personally. But low and behold my boss asked me to make several VoiceThread training videos. I knew this meant I would also have to learn Camtasia so I went to the Techsmith website and found the version I'd be working with and starting watching the training videos. I took notes on many of the videos and paid special attention to the "HotKeys". Upon the completion of the training videos, I decided the next best step would be to write the scripts for the list of videos I needed to make. (This took more time than I had hoped). With the majority of the scripts written I still found myself hesitant to start recording. Finally, I got up the nerve to make some practice videos of me reading the script. Fast forward about a week and I can proudly say I have five videos created and 95% edited to completion. While I still have more to make, I am proud of the progress I have made and level of "work" I am producing. Gratefully, a very-skilled co-worker is in the room next door and very willing to answer my questions, proof my videos, and assist me in any advanced edits I'm still unfamiliar with.
I have two other projects that I am working on simultaneously that always utilize this program (but more in terms of editing than creating). This is the last week that my boss is away and I don't know how much more I'll be able to get done before her return but I'm definitely farther along than I could be and I have learned a plethora about video creation and editing.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring but more videos will definitely be "brought to life".

No comments:

Post a Comment