Monday, September 15, 2014

CogTools Insights- 2 (K.O.)

"Logistics is the science of centralized planning, the systematic organization of people and materials. It works toward the accomplishment of a single clearly defined and distant goal--one step at a time." F.Smith, p.  67"

I don't know about everyone else but the first thing that immediately came to mind when I read this was about the program (material), Cadre 17 (people), and our pursuit of each graduating with a Master's degree (somewhat distant goal). While the process has not been laid out in it's entirety to us at this point it does not mean that an overall plan is not already developed. I, personally prefer to get information in chunks (semesters) but of course I am curious about the January meeting. While I wouldn't go as far as to refer to us each as cogs in a larger system (as the book mentioned) I would absolutely say that we are a community which is far mightier to me than being just  a number (cog).

While I have not been able to connect with everyone I know that we all support each other and that I can reach out whenever I need to. This program is primarily a distance-ed style but I feel closer to this Cadre than I have in comparison to previous in-person courses. Despite the stress and never-ending to-do list (reading, blogs, etc...) I am enjoying the process so much so that I find myself laughing to myself throughout the workday because I know that I would not trade any of this because I'm happy, I'm learning, and I'm invested in this experience... HARD FUN!!

I wish I had more time to read through all the blog posts everyone is writing but I can only achieve so much each day. I know we will all achieve great things. If I can help in any way please contact me by email or text... however you choose. I'm here.

Anyone else have the urge or hankering to tinker with LEGO blocks?? I think there should be a LEGO blocks/game night surely that would be more fun that building alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment