Tuesday, September 16, 2014

CogTools Reflection- 3 (K.O)

Today was a long but seemingly productive day; it was mostly quiet in the studio today which enabled me to make great strides on several projects for my mentor. We actually had a chance to have several conversations today which was quite surprising because usually we rely on texts until a formal time is set to discuss anything and everything that either of us needs addressed during the time we are both available. I'm not sure if I was inspired by this class (Learning Theories) or perhaps the questions I answered for my annual review but regardless of what the motivation was I took the opportunity to express my interest in attending more conferences. It has been something that has been on my mind for the last few months but I hadn't said anything because I didn't think there was a chance of anything happening. Jill was very excited to hear of my expressed interest and reasoning for this request and now there is the potential of going to not one but two conferences in Spring 2015. I'm also being recommended as a proposal reviewer for the first one and may even be submitting a proposal to present with Jill at the second one. Mind you this is huge accomplishment for me and I am excited to explore these new opportunities with fervor and gusto (or whatever I can muster that isn't dedicated to this program *wink*).
Currently I have attended one conference as a moderator and another one with my colleague. While I realize the traveling isn't always the most enjoyable, I am still reveling in the thought that Jill and Berman (CIO) think that I am ready to present and being so new to this field still find value in conferences (I'm not burned out). I knew the goal was always to "learn to fly" but now that it is so much closer I am beside myself and I can't help but realize how much I've grown since January 2012.
As I have said before, I do not often think about what I do, why I do it, or even how I do it; I know it needs to be done and I get it done. I work diligently to offer high-quality support to the CI community as part of a small team that has begun to make much larger waves in the higher education community than I ever could have imagined. I am blessed.

Now if only I could extract my personal learning theory in the same manner as I did this post... but this is a tougher nut to crack but I know it's in my mind somewhere I just have to be patient until it is ready to bloom to conscious life.

No comments:

Post a Comment