Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mission PVG log #6

So somehow Adrian convinced me to try playing Smash Bros. Brawl: Project M with him and his friends and it was likely because I knew I at least needed to experience a multiplayer game. I watched them play a few sets before I was ready to try. There were four of us playing and it felt like an all out free for all... survival of the fittest, no strategy or skill. I could describe the first match in another key term but I'll keep it clean. Of course, my description is entirely based on my opinion. I'm quite certain at least two of the other players knew what they were doing but that didn't stop me from enlisting "chaos" mode which proved rather beneficial in practice mood but was less effective with this many players. I was able to get in a few "lucky shots" somehow and was quite surprised every time. They suggested playing in teams but I wasn't prepared for that, in part, because I didn't want to be a liability to Adrian and likely would've sabotaged any of the others for a few reasons that don't need to be mentioned here. I'm not sure how long we played but my hands were thoroughly cramped by the end of it. I've got quite a bit of practice ahead of me before I can make sense of this game. There are so many buttons to remember that I do better in chaos mode sans thought than I do when I try and think about what move I'm trying to execute. I don't know that I will want to try this game again soon aside from playing with Adrian since it is one of many games he enjoys.

I could use some suggestions on how to work-out my hands and be more game ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment