Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mission PVG log #8

Adrian and I decided to play LEGO Marvel Super Heroes because it had been sitting on the shelf unopened for quite some time and it would give us a chance to play a new game that neither of us was familiar with and with characters that I enjoy. It quickly became obvious that it was a collaborative effort of all of the super heroes, each one utilizing their skills to achieve the mission, and certain tasks could only be completed by certain heroes such as things with green handles were reserved for The HULK and shield symbols were for Captain America.
LEGO Marvel Wii U Game Cover imageWhile there is no manual included, the environment appears mostly friendly and easy to explore, plus, it's all LEGOS!!! Once we located where our mission started we had to assess the area and identify what heroes were needed for this particular mission. This game was a great experience overall and I was very engaged. I enjoyed playing as Captain America (my favorite hero) and the HULK because smashing things is fun and yes I said "HULK SMASH" almost every time too!! Missions varied from building a particular item to defeating a boss and often a combination of both for the longer missions. Eventually we progressed through the game and had to toggle between multiple heroes but quickly learned that it is smart to assess what else is happening to determine which hero is less valuable and the best one to switch out. I enjoyed getting to play a game with Adrian that enabled us to team-up and work towards a common goal, supporting each other, and utilizing good communication skills as if it was a real mission (more than just a game). It is in these kinds of moments that create a closeness I didn't think would be possible consider that his background is video game intensive and mine is not. I look forward to playing this game more and the missions we've yet to accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment